Easy Horsepower Upgrades

If you want to increase the power of your internal combustion engine, the fastest and easiest way to do it is to add race related stickers or decals to your ride. I mean, just ask the Googles and you will find plenty of proof in a plethora of internet forums. So armed with that knowledge I set out to increase the power of the Ninja race bike. 


Really I was bored and had some time in the garage with no major work to do on the Ninja. I found the source of the fueling issue that cut my day short when I took the bike to the track with SoCal Supermoto. More importantly I found a fix. I also worked on a small oil leak that I had and it seems to be holding. Between the trip to Japan and some work related travel coming up this week, I won't be able to plan a track day until at least July. Idle hands are the devil's work or so the saying goes and this is the result in my case. In the pic above I was trying some placement ideas. A little bit of painter's tape helps to try a few ideas that can be easily rectified if messed up.


Not a lot of difference between this pic and the pic above. I'm mostly just splitting hairs on the placement. When I was a kid (and even sometimes as an adult) I skateboard. I've always loved putting stickers on my decks, but I did it with a ruler and precision so they appear as if I slapped them on in the most stylish manner possible. My goal was to give the bike a bit more of a race bike look whilst looking at ways to start getting some sponsorship. All of the stickers I'm using are companies that I've supported with this project. So Woodcraft, Revzilla, Shoei, GoPro and Galfer if you are seeing this, can you float me some cash to help pay for my race season? Thanks! 


I changed it up and looked at doing the horsepower upgrades to the side panels. There are more flat areas here. I also tried the belly pan, but with the number of curves and the dark color, none of the efforts ever looked right. I want to save the sides of the main fairing for some new Kawasaki decals and the sides of the tank for some grip pads.


After lining everything up on the left side I pulled the cover off and started working with the right side. I got the stickers positioned on both sides and started checking and tweaking placement so that everything was all pro looking. I didn't affix anything down for the moment as I want to get the Kawasaki decals first and I have no idea what is available. Depending on what I can get I may need to start all over. All in all it wasn't a bad way to spend time in the garage with a beer and my bike.


If I'm going to advertise, I might as well plug the blog while I'm at it. The pic above is a variation of the My Motorbike Obsessions logo that I use on all of my social media outlets. Since I will be using it on the Kawasaki, I figured using a Kawi in the background would be a good way to invoke some of the winning history of Team Green. I'm not set on the design just yet, but maybe soon I'll have some decals to give away to all of the loyal fans of the page.

Anyway, I've got one more post that I'm working before work interrupts my motorbike blogging. Swing on back for another First Ride Impression as well as some pics of the final sticker job for the race ninja.

Blue

Comments

Popular Posts