French and Sons, a Gulf Coast gem.

Its not often you find a bike shop that is both welcoming and well stocked with good gear, nice rides and knowledgeable staff. You will find all of that at French and Sons in Gulfport, MS. I first found the shop last year on a business trip and I was able to stop by again this go round. You can see my first post here. I swung by again and was rewarded with a pleasant visit.


Just like last time, there were plenty of nice motorbikes on hand to see. This shop is always full of good variety of both modern and vintage.



Outside there was this very, very clean 2007 Ninja 250. This would be a nice commuter, especially with gas going for only $2.00 a gallon around here.


Inside I was met by this beauty of a CL350 Scrambler. It's nice to see one in original condition. Most of the ones I see in Cali have been hit with the hipster virus and been chopped into half-ass cafe racers.


Sitting next to the Scrambler was another timeless classic of a CB350. This one was from the collection of the owner and not for sale. These are also getting harder to find in good condition on the left coast. Many are actually being raced in classic bike race circuits.


Another bike from the owner's collection. I forgot to get the year and model, but it is an early Moto Guzzi. It looks to be a late twenties, early thirties model year. It definitely looked like it could rip around with the best of them.


A little dirt action in the form of this Yamaha TT500. These are popular with both classic motocross racers and the amateur flat track crowd.


While not a classic in the model year sense, this 2014 Honda CB1100 is classic inspired. This one looked like it had been worked over with a nice bit of minor customizing and paint work. 

All of the bikes in the shop were clean and looked to be in excellent condition. Prices were comparable to what I would find in California for similar conditioned bikes. I chatted with some of the guys in the shop and got some good information on bike cleaning supplies that I will apply to the V-Strom. I have been neglecting my usual washing of her for a while.


While I was there I picked up this sweet T-Shirt. Last time I was here I got another shirt, but I got a medium instead of a large and wouldn't you know it, it shrank up on me. The great guys a French and Sons threw in a key chain. I guess key chains are becoming a thing for me.


On the way out the door I looked up on the shelf to once again see the 1973 Yamaha TX750 tank still there. This is the type of shop that needs to be supported and if you are in the area I recommend that you swing on by, you won't be disappointed.

Blue


Comments

Popular Posts